9.22.2008

Rainbow Shrimp and Chicken

Ok, so it's been weeks since I updated this blog for real. Things have generally evened out. I still live for the weekend, but there are also times when I look forward to going to school. Danielle and I have gotten close, but again it's a relationship that pretty much stays at work. Shantae and I hang out at home over TV, which is fun. We watch the trashiest stuff we can find, and reality TV usually wins out over everything else.

Classes are interesting. I love 2 of my classes, probably because the professor is the same for both those classes. He's just a really good teacher, but lets us do most of the actual teaching. My other 2 classes suck. A lot. They are a downright joke and it's a good thing I'm not really paying for them. In these two classes, I've watched more movies and videos than in most of my undergrad career...and I took "Film as Art"! I'm getting ready to sign up for my Spring 2009 classes, and I'm really looking forward to the professors I'll have. Dr. K will be on sabbatical, but is still helping me with my thesis. However, the three professors that I will have next come with high recommendation from Dr. K himself. I feel a lot better about the next semester and to a new set of challenges.

I went to my cousin Liz's wedding this weekend. We had a fantastic time. I caught the bouquet (read: it hit me in the stomach and I had to catch it) and Jason caught the garter (read: picked it up off the floor to save me any embarrassment). So, that was fun. We drank, we danced, we reveled in the family love. It was nice. I was able to re-connect a little with Liz, with a promise to hang-out soon, and connect better with my cousin Kevin and his fiancee Danielle, who live down the street from Jason.

I'll be in Philly this weekend. I got a new dishwasher. I scrapbooked a lot this weekend. My life is really just grad school, Philly, friends, and Jason...and I'm OK with that. :)

I'm peachy.

No comments: