4.28.2009

one of us...

Pennsylvania's senior Senator, Arlen Specter, just switched parties from Republican to Democrat. PA just got a little bluer...in a good way.

I've been a big fan of Specter for years. He's done a lot for Pennsylvania. He is on the Committee for Appropriations, as well as the Ranking Member of the Judiciary Committee. He also survived brain cancer, so it makes him kinda awesome.

What I'm really impressed by is the fact that he switched parties at all. He has always been an independent thinker. He was quoted today as saying that "he does not represent the Republican party, but the people of Pennsylvania." I don't want a person who will just tow the party line, but do what is right for his constituents. If he doesn't tow the Democrat line, he will get criticized, but I'll be happier if he thinks for himself.

I wish there weren't any parties, but I'm glad someone can have the decency to switch when necessary.

On another note, to the morons who approved the Air Force One (sans Obama) fly-over above New York City:

YOU'RE BIG FAT JERKS.

How dumb does one person have to be to think that was a good idea. It wasn't even for training or security. It was a photo-op. Gee whiz.

Lunchtime. What an exciting day.

I'm peachy!

No comments: