11.23.2011

Top 5 Tuesday: Stupid Money Wasters

Yes, I know it's not Tuesday, but deal.

Top 5 Wasters of Money in My Life

Preface: Since Elliott was born, I really do try to reign these in...try being the operative word.

*Target: Now, the things I buy there aren't usually wastes of money (food, formula, clothing), but I ALWAYS manage to spend a lot more than I intended.  You can't just "run in" to Target.*

5. Dunkin' Donuts: Almost every morning that I work, and absolutely every Friday, I get a Boston Cream Donut and a Medium Dunkachino / Coolatta (depending on the season).  I used to hate coffee, but these two drinks barely count and I'M A NEW MOM, OKAY!?

4. Crochet Patterns: Now, once they're bought, I can use them a million times, but you can't see them before you buy them, so sometimes I can't complete the pattern and that is more frustrating that almost anything else.  I think Jason supports it because that means he can use it too, if I'm successful.

3. Books: My husband works at a library.  We own over 300 books.  Why in goodness name would I need to purchase a book?  I'm also a really slow reader, so it's not as if I've read everything we own or that I even read the new books I buy.

2. Nail Polish: Yep, this made my list too.  Jason actually asked me to stop buying nail polish.  It's not really that cheap and I seldom paint my nails in the first place.  Also, piggy-backing on what Sara said: how many greys does one lady need?  All of the greys.

1. Moleskine Products: O Lord help me.  I've become a Moleskine addict.  My planner for the past 18 months has been a Moleskine; I also bought a monthly version of the same planner; I bought a 2012 planner that is a Moleskine; Anytime I need a notebook, it's a Moleskine.  I'm at my desk and there are 14 different Moleskine products in front of me, and my planners aren't even on my desk!  They do make me look more professional, but I certainly don't need this many notebooks.

- I'm peachy (and based on the above list, both poor and lucky)

1 comment:

Sara said...

GIVE ME ALL OF YOUR GREYS.