if you're not in the masque, these probably won't mean much...but feedback and questions from all are extremely welcome. they could help in my speech next week. :)
VP Personnel
Hello all, and as you may have gathered, my name is Megan McGee and I am running for Vice President of Personnel for the Masque. There are many reasons why I feel that I am the best candidate for this position, which I will list in this here platform.
There are two things that the VP Personnel is in charge of, namely the cast parties (woo!) and the Induction process. Let’s address cast parties (woo!) first. Cast parties are not just a night where we celebrate the great work we have done as a group, but also a night to get to know your fellow Masque members and alumni. My job is to organize these fiestas, as well as keep them running smoothly throughout the night. I am extremely responsible and feel that I could easily manage to throw an awesome, yet safe, cast party. Some may be concerned with the fact that I will not be twenty-one when I “take office”. Worry not! I will turn 21 shortly after, and we have many members who can help me out until then. Formal is also a big deal in the Masque (just you wait if you haven’t been to one). If elected, I would assist our current VP Personnel, with the festivities and help her in keeping the night moving smoothly. Next year, I would have the experience of this year to throw one hell of a formal, having learned from someone who has done a great job.
The second part of my platform has to do with Inductions and my role as Masque social coordinator. The many traditions of the Masque are very important to me, especially Inductions. However, if something simply is not working, I am willing to change them to make the evening as enjoyable as possible for both the current members and inductees. I loved my Induction experience and I cannot wait to see these newest groups become inducted. I have also constructed the current Masque family tree and care for the history of the group. Finally, as Masque social coordinator, I am the provider of social activities and I serve as a go between for the members and the Executive Board. I am essentially in charge of ensuring your happiness as a Masque member. On that note, I feel I am extremely approachable and available. I know most of the members pretty well and I am currently working on getting to know our newest members.
I realize this was kind of long, but I have a lot to say on becoming VP Personnel. I am extremely passionate about this organization and want nothing more than to serve on E-board for you this year. See you at elections!
Also, if you would like to see the mostly completed Masque family tree OR have any questions for me, feel free to contact me either at peachy.colleen@gmail.com or at the Masque table, where I am at all free periods.
VP Alumni Relations and Records
Hello all (is this sounding familiar?) and welcome to my platform for VP AR&R, also known as Vice President of Alumni Relations and Records. I hope to do a lot for the organization if elected into this position (or Personnel), which I’m going to talk about in my platform.
First of all, the Masque has meant a lot to me in the year and a half that I’ve been at La Salle and I know that it has meant all that and a bag of chips to students here since 1929. The Masque of La Salle is one of the oldest and longest running organizations on campus, which gives it a rich and full history. As VP AR&R, I want to organize this history and begin working on a history of the Masque that would not only include the shows that we have done, but the history of the people of the Masque. I have actually spent the last nine months working on both the Masque family tree (or tumbleweed, as I have begun referring to it) and the connections that each member has to the tree. What I have discovered is that there are a lot of pieces missing, which is extremely frustrating, and something that I hope to eliminate as VP AR&R.
As VP AR&R, I also hope to continue keeping the DVD’s coming to our members, something that our current VP AR&R has done a great job getting started. Having these memories in DVD form will not only allow us to show our families and friends at home what we do in this crazy little group, but it will allow us to keep the DVD’s as records for years to come.
Finally, I would continue keeping our many alumni updated on what is going on in the Masque. These are the people who have built the many traditions (and sets!) that this organization is constantly growing from and they deserve to be kept up to date. I would like to start a monthly newsletter to the alumni, through email to keep them up on our shows, various activities, and the alumni activities that we provide, namely Alumni Night of each show. I have close relationships with many alumni and feel very comfortable speaking to the alumni as a whole on behalf of the group.
I hope this has informed you about my feelings on this very important office in the Masque and that I will see you all on E-Board election day.
If you have any questions, or would like to see the mostly completed Masque tree, feel free to contact me either via email peachy.colleen@gmail.com or at the Masque table, where I am every free period.
There they are. I hope this helps anyone and I would love feedback and questions.i'm peachy.
No comments:
Post a Comment