12.16.2006

the longest sigh ever.

this sigh is a sigh of relief though.

THE SEMESTER FROM HELL IS COMPLETE! I just turned in my last paper and I am done for a month. I plan on doing nothing but working, scrapbooking, AR&R-ing, and reading books i want to read for fun. I'm sitting in my relaxing bedroom, listening to frank sinatra and barbra streisand, which is great study music, by the way. I'm well fed. I got some amazing birthday gifts today. My sister gave me the 15th anniversary "The Big Chill" DVD. My aunt and uncle gave me a beautiful bracelet. Mom and Dad got me this cross necklace and this cute black lacey dress. I had shrimp for dinner. I played the piano. I saw a movie. I anticipate an amazing break.

I saw "The Holiday". Check out the "jaws" blog later for a review of that.

This week has been a whirlwind.

12.12 - My 21st birthday. A very low key day. I rang it in with friends over a shot of Malibu Rum (thanks wifey!) and had a pleasantly relaxing day. I watched movies and went to the Manyunk Diner for dinner and drinks with a great group of people. Well, that was after they remembered to come back to school and get me. Long story, and I think Jess outlines it best in her blog. I had two Jolly Rancher martinis and a sleepover at the girls townhouse.

12.13 - I had my last final (American Revolution) and i worked all afternoon. After that, I was supposed to go out to dinner again, but since underagers were included in my birthday thing, I cancelled it so that I could go to Liz's last diner run before Ireland (tear...). I'm going to miss my future roomie!

12.14 - I worked again, after sorting out all my scheduling issues. Then Liz asked me if I wanted to go see "The Phantom of the Opera", which of course I said yes to. Four hours later, I'm on the subway with Amanda, Abby, and Kate to get the rush tickets. After we had secured our tickets, we stopped in Starbucks for some liquid refreshment, and i got my hot chocolate for free because my best friend's roommate was working there. woo! Phantom was pretty good. The sets and lights were AMAZING! I was amazed from the minute the overture started. The costumes were gorgeous and I joked with k-laz that I needed something like that for the next show I'm in, in payment for the purple "dress". However, the actors were not the best. The voices on Raoul and Christine were only so-so, and Meg was downright awful. The Phantom was incredible, and Monsieurs Andre and Ferimend were hilarious.

12.15 - I woke up at the crack of dawn to finish my paper and to pack. Mom got here at 10:00 and we left by about 11:15, after I said good-bye to george and val. We went to King of Prussia, I saw Dave Hamden (i think) and Julia (yay!), and I got no shopping finished. meh. My mom and I had a good time though. We did a lot of people watching, which was funny. I slept the whole way home (sorry mom!) and I was welcomed by my family and cats. My sister and I saw "The Holiday" and that brings me to this moment.

I have to call work soon and get hours. I also can't wait until my la salle crew comes down this break. There will be a party!!

Time to unpack and unwind, finally.

I'm peachy.

1 comment:

Val said...

Miss you already!