3.02.2008

Movie Time!

1. 15 Favorite Movies
2. Quotes
3. Post so folks Guess
4. Cheat and bad things will happen...(thanks Amy!)


1. A: Can I confess something? I tell you this as an artist,I think you'll understand. Sometimes when I'm driving... on the road at night... I see two headlights coming toward me. Fast. I have this sudden impulse to turn the wheel quickly, head-on into the oncoming car. I can anticipate the explosion. The sound of shattering glass. The... flames rising out of the flowing gasoline.
B: Right. Well, I have to - I have to go now, Duane, because I, I'm due back on the planet Earth. (Doug - Annie Hall...good son)

2. A: With whom did you have this great sex?
B: I'm not going to tell you that.
A: Fine, don't tell me.
B: Shel Gordon.
A: Shel? Sheldon? No, no, you did not have great sex with Sheldon.
B: I did too.
A: No you didn't. A Sheldon can do your income taxes, if you need a root canal, Sheldon's your man... but humpin' and pumpin' is not Sheldon's strong suit. It's the name. 'Do it to me Sheldon, you're an animal Sheldon, ride me big Shel-don.' Doesn't work. (John C. - When Harry Met Sally...)

3. A: Four minutes, forty-eight seconds. We're all dead. Burned to a crisp. (Doug - The Royal Tenenbaums)

4. A: Things have certainly changed around here. I remember when this was all farmland as far the eye could see. Old man Peabody owned all of this. He had this crazy idea about breeding pine trees. (Doug - Back to the Future: Part I)

5. A: You said you wanted to be around when I made a mistake, well, this could be it, sweetheart.
B: I take it back. (Doug - Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back)

6. A: Aw'right ladies an' gents! Comical poem! Suitable for the occasion, extemporised and thought up before your very eyes! All right, 'ere we go! Room 'ere for everyone, gather around. The constable - responstable! Now 'ow does that sound? Hm... 'Ello, Miss Lark, I've got one for you. Miss Lark... likes to walk... in the park... with Andrew! Hello, Andrew. Ah, Mrs. Corry, a story for you. Your daughters were shorter than you - but they grew! (John C. - Mary Poppins...I would have been really disappointed if he hadn't gotten this one)

7. A: They could be utterly incompetent. Theres no guarantee they'll do a better job raising this child than my dumbass step-daughter will... What is your job title?
B: I'm an ultrasound technician.
A: Oh yeah? Well I'm a nail technician and I think we both ought to just stick to what we know.
B: Excuse me?
A: Oh, you think you're hot shit 'cause you get to sit over there and play Pictionary, well guess what? My five year old daughter could do that and let me tell you, she's not the brightest bulb in the tanning bed. So until you have your own kid, why don't you just go back to nightschool in Manteno and get a real job. (Doug - Juno. However, John gets brownie points for knowing the next part of the quote)

8. A: I haven't even told my father I'm not gonna get that scholarship. I'm gonna end up working in a lumberyard the rest of my life.
B: What's wrong with lumber? I own two lumberyards.
A: I notice you don't spend too much time there.
B: I'm not quite sure where they are. (Doug - Caddyshack)

9. A: Listen, Henry...
B: Please, call me Henry.
A: Okay, Henry it is.

10.A: Dad, did you know the astronauts in the fire?
B: [pause] Yeah, I knew them. Knew all of them.
A: Could that happen again?
B: Well I'll tell you something about that fire, a lot of things went wrong. The door, called the hatch? They couldn't get it open when they needed to get out, that was one thing. Well, a lot of things went wrong.
A: Did they fix it?
B: Oh absolutely they fixed it. It's not a problem anymore. (Doug - Apollo 13)

11. A: Al, you old son of a bitch! How ya doin'? How do you feel about that call today? I mean the Dolphins! Fourth-and-three play on their 30 yard line with only 34 seconds to go!
B: How do you think I feel? Betrayed, bewildered... wrong response? (Doug - The Birdcage)

12. I'll tell you, Nick. You're the only guy I go hunting with, you know. I like a guy with quick moves and speed. I ain't gonna hunt with no assholes.

13. A: What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word and I'll throw a lasso around it and pull it down. Hey. That's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary.
B: I'll take it. Then what?
A: Well, then you can swallow it, and it'll all dissolve, see... and the moonbeams would shoot out of your fingers and your toes and the ends of your hair... am I talking too much? (Doug - It's a Wonderful Life)

14. Who presents this woman? This woman? But she's not a woman. She's just a kid. And she's leaving us. I realized at that moment that I was never going to come home again and see Annie at the top of the stairs. Never going to see her again at our breakfast table in her nightgown and socks. I suddenly realized what was happening. Annie was all grown up and was leaving us, and something inside began to hurt. (John C. - Father of the Bride...I could watch this movie everyday)

15. Mikey, why don't you tell that nice girl you love her? I love you with all-a my heart, if I don't see-a you again soon, I'm-a gonna die. (Doug - The Godfather...and yes, I'm a huge fan.)

Deciding what films to put was exceedingly difficult. I don't really have a top list of movies...I just really like movies.

Also, one actor/actress is represented three times on this list. Another four are represented twice. Extra points for anyone who finds another actor or actress who has multiple spots on my list who I didn't think of. :)

I'm peachy.

2 comments:

Doug said...

1. Annie Hall
3. The Royal Tenenbaums
4. Back to the Future (I)
5. EVERYONE chooses this movie. Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. It is the best of the series, though.
7. Juno
8. Caddyshack
10. Apollo 13
11. The BIRDCAGE!
13. It's A Wonderful Life
15. The Godfather (I didn't know you were a fan!)

I know I just stole a lot of them, but I'm your kid...I kinda know these things. And I have suspicions about some of the others but since I'm not sure I left them out.

John said...

1. Annie Hall
2. When Harry Met Sally (I think)
4. Back to the Future
5. Empire Strikes Back (more than that, I know A is Harrison Ford, as either Han Solo or Indiana Jones, so my guess is Empire)
6. Mary Poppins
7. Juno (Use a dick! Love it!)
10. Apollo 13
13. It's a Wonderful Life
14. Father of the Bride