7.28.2008

school supplies = joy.

dear five star,

thank you for sponsoring my graduate school education.

love, megan.

so, this past week was pretty good...it more than made up for the attrocity that was last weekend. i spent monday and friday in the office, but i got to spend tuesday through thursday at my boss's home in the blue mountains. i'm inventorying (?) her father's comic collection and attempting to sell them, so i was at her house taking pictures with her cannon rebel (sigh!) and watching tv and eating snack food. i went in late and left early. she was there on wednesday and we watched movies and had lunch at isaacs. we also listened to the broadway channel on satillite radio...which was awesome. the week went quickly and life progressed. i'm still looking for an apartment, and it is becoming a VERY frustrating experience, but it'll work itself out.

saturday was amazing. (Nerd Alert).

First, i slept in. I don't do that often. Either I have work, or something with Jason or I just can't sleep anymore past 8. But on Friday (after seeing Seth and MJ in "Thoroughly Modern Millie" with Erica), I went to bed at 11:30pm...and slept until 10 am. I really needed to sleep after being sick. I had an omelet (woot!) and got dressed and went to the new shopping center near my house, which houses the following stores (if you recognize some of these, you'll understand why having a place like this so near my home is so very cool): Wegmans, Target, Best Buy, Ulta, Panera Bread, Office Max, Ross, Bed Bath & Beyond, and many other little stores I haven't explored yet. All that...in one center. I first had to go to Target to return my bathing suit, which broke on vacation (on the last day, thank god). It was so cute, and I was so bummed because I loved it. Oh well...$15 back in the bank account. I needed to buy Nik a b-day gift and Jason an anniversary gift, so I did that. Then, school supplies. I love school supplies. New notebooks (in yellow, black, magenta, and lime green), a new binder (with clear, pocketed seperators), and pens. I had to stop at Best Buy to chat with the GeekSquad people, then to Office Max to get folders for Rosemary. There I saw color coded manila folders and matching (sort of) hanging folders. OH MY ORGANIZING GOODNESS!

As soon as I got home, I started the organizing process. For now, it's in the basement, which is a little inconvenient for now. However, once the apartment is gotten, I'll be all over that. I enjoy moving in to a new space and making it my own. I watched "Finding Nemo" and had leftover Caddy Shack wings with my parents (The Caddy Shack is a restaurant near my house that sits on a golf course. They have amazing wings and the sandwiches are named after characters from the movie. The Lacey Underall is a fish sandwich. Coincidence? I think not.) Mom and I started a puzzle (which is still in the works) and Jason came home, which is the highlight of my weekend when I have to stay home. I got part of my anniversary gift with dinner (a case of Sam Adam's Cherry Wheat!!!) and we saw "The Dark Knight", which was amazing.

On Sunday, we ventured to Hersheypark for our one year anniversary (aw...). If you haven't been in a while, make the trip. The 2 newest roller coasters are amazing, and the whole park is just hopping. We had a wonderful day. Good weather, although a little rain drove people away, and a lovely day. At around 6, we were exhausted, so we had dinner and went home. Jason's mom bought us peanut butter pie at Wegman's and we had that on the porch, before coming back to my house for some puzzling. Good weekend.

This week at work is nothing special. All alone for most of it, but I get to go home around 3 or 4 and I'll be back in Philly on Friday night. Dance class on Tuesday and Wednesday (which really helps me get through the work week). So...yeah.

I'm peachy.

No comments: