So, I survived my first vacation with Jason's family. Actually, this makes it sound like they are a problem or something, which is the exact opposite of the way they are. His parents are just really awesome people. However, as awesome as this vacation really was, it is a wonder we all survived.
1. Jason and I had a room on the first floor. On the first night, I turned out the light, rolled over to sleep and realized that I didn't know where my bracelet was and I didn't want to forget it. I turn the light back on and SPIDER! BIG BROWN SPIDER...IN THE FREAKING BED! I freaked out...and Jason did a little too, but he was manly and killed the spider. Ew. Over the course of the week, Jason killed no less than 5 spiders which were all different species. We also shared our room with some roly-polies, crickets, and flies.
2. There were 17 other people in the house, so it was bound to get noisy. However, for some reason, when I was ready to nap, the kids wanted to play pool...and the table was right outside our door. Oh well.
3. The beach was awesome (boy, do I love the beach). The water, however, was ice. I spent most of my time by the pool with Jason's mom and a drink in hand. On the first day, we had to wait until 4pm to get into our house, so we went and lay on the beach. The family next to us was conducting a scavenger hunt, and it was hilarious. People watching is a highly under-rated activity (unless you are Jason or a resident of IHOR...we know the true joy that is watching people). At one point, the little girls team was lagging behind and one of them started crying. Her uncle's response? "Stop crying and catch up!". It was intense.
4. Did I mention there was booze? Well, there was. I used the Magic Bullet every day and even created my own drink! The only money I spent down there was on booze. Some discoveries:
- Smirnoff has put out 2 new flavors of vodka: Passion Fruit and White Grape
- Malibu has a Banana Rum that is AMAZING.
- My new drink is called "the cat call". It might sound gross, but it is sooo good.
- One juice box of Yoo-Hoo
- Malibu Banana Rum (as much as you like)
- Splash of milk
- Ice
- Put in Magic Bullet and voila! Chocolately goodness...Chocolate syrup might be a nice addition.
This weekend is going to be interesting. I'm arriving in Philly late Thursday to attend Mr. Grady's funeral on Friday. I'm also planning on seeing (hopefully) both Mamma Mia and The Dark Knight. I'm having brunch with my ladies on Sunday and spending more quality time with Jason.
Work is good...I start dance tonight...I'm going Isaac's for lunch.
I'm peachy.
No comments:
Post a Comment