3.25.2009

Are YOU Motivated?

Ugh.

That's the best word to describe schoolwork/assistantship/my work ethic for the last eight weeks. I just couldn't get my rear in gear, and even worse, I was reverting back to all of my bad undergrad habits, such as:
- PROCRASTINATING like it was my job.
- Waiting to start my term papers until much later in the game.
- Taking any opportunity to not go to work or do school work (Thanks Brant...)

The lowest point (although I had a ton of fun) came on Monday when Brant asked me if I wanted to go to Philadelphia for the day with his wife and their friend (and their beautiful baby girl, Annie). I was printing out a paper and without even thinking, I said "yes", stuck the paper in my professor's mailbox, and high-tailed it out of there. I felt guilty all day. I didn't even see Jason while I was down there! It was so weird, but fun, but the guilt plagued me all day. After I got my car issues sorted out (a tale for another entry), I sat down and wrote a damn good paper. Then today at work I was focused and did a ton of work AND another paper. This evening I cleaned and wrote half of another paper.

I think I'll be OK. I think I'll graduate in August.

Phew.

I'm peachy.

No comments: