No, I did not fall off the face of the earth. I have really been that busy. I'm getting accustomed to the new routine of two new jobs that are pretty demanding and require a lot of outside work, and the added stress of the things I have to do for the wedding is making life pretty interesting. However, I don't mind it. Not really. This snow storm was a real blessing. Jason and I both just needed a weekend with no interruptions to get our lives back in order, as well as to catch up on work that needed to get done. Let me tell you about our lives right now:
Jason is currently working on his SECOND 30-day novel. I'm not sure if I wrote about this last year when he did this, but basically, there is a novel writing contest in November, in which the participants write a novel (albeit, a not well polished one) in 30 days. There is a book that accompanies this task, and Jason got it in 2008 for Christmas. For the thirty days before his birthday, Jason wrote a novel. I haven't read it and as far as I know, he's only read part of it. He wanted to do it again, and his birthday seemed like a great time to do it again. He has to write about 1500 words a day to meet the final goal of 50,000 words. This results in a novel roughly the size of Catcher in the Rye.
My week is pretty repetitive, so I can sum that up for you by the day:
Monday: I teach at La Salle that day, so I'm out the door no later than 9:30 am, so I can be in the office by 10. This gives me time to do some last minute prep, have a cup of tea, and perhaps talk with whoever is around the History Department. I love working here. I never feel unappreciated. I always have multiple sources to go to with questions and concerns. All the professors really understand what I'm going through with trying to teach this class for the first time, plan a wedding, have another job, and still have a life. I feel like teaching a class requires more work than taking a class. That all being said, I love it. I love walking to Olney, entering through that neat circle entrance, and having lunch in the Union. I can't wait for spring! Spring at La Salle is absolutely the best, with the exception of summer at La Salle, which is a rare treat to enjoy. I hope I can take my class outside to lecture. Perhaps when we get to Gifford Pinchot. After class at eleven, I have office hours until 1pm. Then I find Megan and have lunch. She and I more or less have a standing lunch date every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 1. I enjoy this time with "The Little One." At 2, I have to get home and give the car to Jason. Between 2:30 and 7:30, I prep for dance class, grade, and do some chores around the house. Emily crashes at our apartment on Mondays, and we go to Quizzo at 8ish, depending on who we have to pick up. Quizzo is another great way to start the week. A beer, some friends, and trivia.
Tuesday: Tuesday I can sleep in a little, because I don't have work until 4:30 and Jason doesn't have work until 3. Tuesday is the day the dance company rehearses, so I have to be there to coach from 4:30 until 7:30. That time usually goes pretty fast, then I'm back to La Salle to watch Lost.
Wednesday: I have to say, I'm not a fan of Wednesday or Thursday. Wednesday I teach at La Salle, have lunch, go home, change, come back to La Salle with Jason, and take the car to Fusion for a one hour class. My commute is longer than the time I'm there on Wednesday, so I go in early for some studio time to prep for the next day. I go back to La Salle, find something to do there, then we go home at 11. Thursdays requires me to teach for five straight hours. It can be a very very trying day, to say the least.
Friday: Fridays are much like Mondays. Jason comes into work early that day, so I'm in the office by 9, teach at 11, office hours until 1, lunch, then find something to do. We tend to try to make Friday a quiet day otherwise, because we're generally exhausted.
Saturday, Sunday, rinse, repeat.
This week was also stressful because Barney was sick. We noticed he hadn't been eating that much, so we took him to the vet on Friday (because of the snow, but when we called to make an appointment for Friday afternoon, they said we should bring him in now). He had a fever, so we have to give him antibiotics every 12 hours (which he just loves...). We weren't sure if he was getting better, but just before I started writing this, he grabbed a piece of chicken off my plate and ate the whole thing. While we're not fans of his eating food off our plates, we're just glad he's eating something substantial. It's good we're snowed in. We don't have to feel guilty about staying with him.
We've gotten a lot done this weekend already (and we still have another day left!). I got a study guide prepared and posted, and I'm almost ready to post a second. I crocheted a dish cloth with some sassy new cotton yarn. I made some delicious cheesey-chicken-broccoli divan. I beat a whole bunch of stuff on Mario Kart for the Wii. Jason wrote a lot. It was a good day.
My little sister turned 21 today. The only thing that would have made this day better was if she was snowed in with us and we could drink the day away. Nothing crazy. Just casual.
Prayers for Barney and his continued recovery, please. :)
- I'm peachy.
PS: If you follow this blog, follow Jason and I's joint blog. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment