8.10.2006

I Wanna Be Sedated

I am being tested. Very tested.

In case you didn't know, I am flying to Seattle next Wednesday morning for my oldest cousin's wedding. I don't really like to fly. It scares me a lot. But my doctor gave me a sedative for the last time i flew, and I have some left, which I wasn't sure I was going to use this time. I was feeling very confident about flying just the other day. Today, however, my mental state on air travel has changed just slightly. Apparently, there was a terrorist plot involving airplanes and liquid bombs. In America, they have banned all liquids and gels from carry on lugage, and in Britain, they have banned carry on's all together for the time being. This was also, supposedly, a huge plot, involving around 10 airplanes. They have suggested that people leave their electonics at home, meaning laptops, iPods, etc. I was going to bring my laptop, which I'm now reconsidering to make travel easier for my family and I (no one needs the medicated nut being searched by security). However, I was going to bring my iPod regardless. I need to have my music with me to calm me down and block out all the sounds of the flight. I'll see what's going on Tuesday to make my final decision.

I wish terrorists would stop ruining everyone elses lives. Boo on them.

I'm peachy...sorta.

3 comments:

Jess said...

I am terrified of flying. However, according to statistics I'm staring at right now, you have 1-in-20,000 chance of meeting your end in the air. You're more likely to die in an earthquake.

Would that keep you from moving to California?

Nope!


So get on that plane, damnit! :-D

Doug said...

You'll be fine. Bring what you want, as long as it's not explicitly prohibited. An extra glance at a laptop isn't going to slow your family down. Oh, and you'll be high as a kite, so that extra look at the laptop will appear as though a dream.

I second the "boo terrorists" sentiment.

Peace and Good Things :)

Liz said...

you'll be fine on the plane...the plot was on trans-atlantic flights...you'll be US all the way...and i watched the news some of the people have already been caught. Ipod good idea...who can fly with out music? And for the scary thing...pretend you're a super hero flying to save the world....works for me!

<3's --Liz