people....i realize i'm a huge HUGE nerd. i take quizo too seriously, i know way too much about the masque's history, i know too much history in general, i watch star wars and back to the future, i love get smart, and i more or less live for one h. potter. however, for some reason unseen by myself, a number of people enjoy going out of their way to tell me that my interests are lame, stupid, and that i have no life. how are your cultural obsessions any less stupid, if that's what we're calling them?
newsflash: i'm perfectly happy liking what i like. i figure you are too. so leave me alone about it. i tend to be insecure, but the fact that the most interesting thing that you have to do with your life is tell me how pathetic my life is...that makes me feel sorry for you.
this isn't directed towards one specific person, as a number of people have taken it upon themselves to do this to me. there are certain people where this exchange is the way we operate, as in one d. sullivan. he and i have communicated for years in insults and jabs at the other's interest...but we do respect each other. i don't feel like the people i'm writing this about have any respect for me...and frankly, it's mutual.
~~~~
in other news, i have no idea what to do with the rest of my life and if one more person asks me about it, i'm going to rip their kneecaps out and try to replace them at the elbows.
considering the tone of this entry, my life is pretty fantastic in most respects. i have a job where i can spend the day reading and being nerdy. i have someone new and pretty fantastic in my life. i'm going the beach this weekend and home next week. sigh of contentment.
i'm peachy. agitated...but peachy none the less.
6 comments:
People = sucks.
:(
Ignore people. Don't let their judgement disrupt your interests. You know how many times I've been called "morbid" for finding the Holocaust interesting? Do you realize the odd looks I got when I jumped on the Titanic questions at Quizo a few weeks back? I enjoy the quote:
"Don't make fun of me for my interests. I don't make fun of you for being an asshole."
Speaking of quotes this reminds me of:
"For privacy's sake, let's call her Lisa S...No, wait, that's too obvious. How about L. Simpson?"
-Principal Skinner
The best I can do in a situation like this is to try and laugh with you. You're right. A person without unique interests and quirks is a rarity or impossibility. And as I share many interests with you, I share your indignation. Stay strong, MoM.
Peace and Good Things :)
Oh, P.S...I wanna help with the binder.
magoo. i like all of your intrests, and swear to never make fun of you for them.
also you will never be mcgee again, only magoo.
that is all.
pffft, nerd.
.... too tsunami?
Post a Comment