10.09.2008

Positively Negative.

This past weekend I saw "Nick and Norah's Infinate Playlist" with Miss Emily B., and just like when I saw "Juno" a little less than a year ago, I wanted, nay needed, to have the soundtrack in my possession. Yesterday I finally took a good listen to the album and I found that I really enjoyed it, even without the movie as context. I did this because with a few movies, I think I like the soundtrack for real, but when played alone, it's not quite as fulfilling. "Nick and Norah..." is nothing like this. One particularly enjoyable track is "How to Say Goodbye", which has helped me with my writing...it's funny how music can do that sometimes.

Anyway, I'm on iTunes and I see that people have rated the album. Most people really enjoyed it, but a couple people went out of their ways not only to disparage the album and the movie, but the people who listen or watch them. They also hated on Juno, which I was not pleased about. Where I'm from, the only place to find indie music is in the movies.

What fascinates me is that more people will go out of their way, especially on news message boards, blogs (guilty), and retail rating systems, to say how much they hate something than to say how much they love something. If I don't like something, I try not to give it the time of day, especially if its popular culture. These people must make themselves miserable talking about things they don't like all day.

Just an observation.

I'm peachy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the soundtrack, only I think it should have the Garmin song on it too.

-Emily