2.02.2009

Being a big girl.

So, following my last rant (entry), things have gotten a lot better.

About 12 hours after that angry passage, I met the person who has been my life-raft this semester. She's the newest grad student and assistant in the American Studies Department and she's very cool. We've actually gone on adventures together and such. Nancy was part of what was missing at Penn State: a grad student / friend. The others are cool, but Nancy and I just clicked. We also have three classes together, which helps.

15 credits has been pretty crazy...at times, overwhelming. However, I'll make it through.

I'm attending two conferences this semester. The first is in Elizabethtown (the Mid-Atlantic American Studies Association) over the last weekend in March. Fortunately, time still allows me to attend all the festivities going on at La Salle that weekend (the most crucial to me being the Improv 101 alumni show). The second is in New Orleans, Lousiana (the Pop Culture / American Culture Associations' Conference). I'm pretty excited / nervous / freaking out about them both.

I'm dramaturging PSU Harrisburg's production of Grease...mainly so my theatrical resume will have something on it for 2009.

I'm currently addicted to my giant tub of Jelly-Bellys. Thanks Nancy.

Life is calming down. It is good. I'm getting used to not seeing Jason everyday, mainly by keeping myself so busy on the off days that my mind is otherwise occupied.

This weekend I'm going to North Carolina with Jason to visit my little sister. Jason's never been to High Point and seen Sarah's school, so we figured her 20th b-day / winter parent's weekend was a good time. :D

The following weekend I'll be in Philly for Recent Tragic Events and Valentine's Day.

So...that's it!

I'm peachy!

No comments: