Today I finished my coursework for my Master's degree! I handed in my final project for Material Culture, filled out my final SRTE (Penn State's fancy-schmancy name for class evaluations), and left the Penn State Harrisburg campus for a while. I'll go back to talk with my thesis advisors and get stuff signed (and maybe a summer flower photo shoot...), but otherwise, I'm very close to being done. I'm still debating if I'll walk. Part of me wants to just because a couple of my friends are walking in December, and it would be fun to walk with them. I'm celebrating with a Corona (sans lime :( ) and a quesadilla.
The rest of the week is going to be busy busy busy. Tomorrow is my weekly day with Miss Nancy, unless of course her baby decides to be born in the next 12 hours. Our plan is to craft, watch Toy Story, and go to lunch to celebrate the end of my coursework and the halfway point of Nancy's. It's so funny to think that I only met Nancy in January. It was the beginning of the winter semester, and I was dreading going back, but I did and Nancy made the semester so much more awesome. I'm also super excited for her and her husband as they wait for their new baby to make her grand debut! I'm on call most of the weekend to help in anyway I can. They have a really tight knit group at church who can help, but most of those people are parents and have their own kids. Nancy's mom is coming in on Saturday, but she doesn't know her way around, so if they need food, I'll help. If laundry is just getting overwhelming, I'm there. If the baby decides to come on Saturday and Nancy's mom is at the airport, I'm there. I just could not be more excited for this awesome couple.
Tomorrow is also my first (and quite possibly my only) Three Mile Island alarm drill. I don't have to do anything, but at quarter after noon, they're setting off all 96 TMI emergency alarms for three minutes. I'm probably going to forget and piddle in my pants with initial fear. If you don't know what TMI is in this scenario, please wikipedia it. You'll understand my fear. The alarms sound in a 10 mile radius of the station. I live about 1 and a half miles. Eek. I'll be melted!
Friday is probably going to consist of cleaning and hanging with friends. I'm cleaning so thoroughly for two reasons. 1) I'm moving in about a month, so I want to get my security deposit back. 2) My little one is visiting me this weekend! Megan is driving down on Saturday morning and I'm going to show her all the glories of Central PA. I'm seriously excited.
On a side note, I love Mario Kart on Wii. Jason got it for his dad for father's day and we played it for hours (we being Jason, his brother Tim, my sister Sarah, and myself). I want it for our Wii.
I'm really into knitting and crocheting right now. Seriously, it's sad. Thankfully, since all my schoolwork is done, I can crochet whenever I like.
How sad was the last statement?
I'm going to the Finger Lakes in 2 weeks. It's going to be awesome...
I really like Dove bar soap in green tea and cucumber.
Jason and I really need a name for our blog. Something witty. I'm starting it when we move in together. That way our parents and families and friends know what is going on in our lives.
Wedding planning is going well. Let me just take a moment to say how awesome my bridal party is. First, my bridesmaids have been nothing but easy going and lovely gals. They are pretty much completely outfitted. Dresses, shoes. They're going to look so pretty. Apparently, people who have seen the bridesmaid dresses have told Michele that I'm a really nice bride. Why would I put four of my favorite people in the entire world (two of which I'm related to) in something ugly, expensive, and sad? My favorite part of their ensemble is the shoes. Target = awesome. I know when the wedding gets closer and things kick into high gear, my girls will be around to help. I also don't want to leave out my guest book attendants / program hander-outers / honorary flower girls, Megan and Maeve and my musician, Doug. Music is super important to me and I know Doug will make the ceremony's atmosphere just amazing. The girls will also be a ton of help. Maeve is also doing the bridal party's hair on the day of, so I'm going to look awesome (toot toot).
Well, I think that's it. Tomorrow starts another round of working out, which I hope sticks this time. I also need a job. So much entry.
I'm peachy!
4 comments:
It's fun to leave out the phrase "my musician" and pretend that Doug is your honorary flower girl.
I couldn't have done this last semester without you. What a fabulous friend you are! Thanks for being willing to be the go-to gal as we get ready for a little person. You're the best. And, you make BTs look really yummy. :)
still incredibly disappointed that i can't nominate you for the show "bridezilla," but i suppose i'll have to live with you being a nice, accommodating bride and find another path to reality tv fame.
ps that was michele
Post a Comment