11.23.2009

I'm dreaming...

...of a white christmas, which I know I'm not going to get. The holiday season is one of my favorite and least favorite times of year. It is wonderful and stressful all at the same time.

I love Thanksgiving, for all of its food and togetherness. Last year was the first year I had ever spent Thanksgiving away from my parents, so it was weird, but I loved getting to spend it with Jason's family. This year, we're taking our little fuzzy ball of joy with us, so that will be nice. My parents are hosting, Oma and Pappy are going to be there, as well as lots of aunts and uncles and cousins. Oh, and of course Jason and Sarah. I can't wait to get up on Thanksgiving morning and watch the Macy's parade and eat breakfast in front of the TV. I look forward to helping my mom, now that I'm a semi-competent cook, and perhaps making some of my own goodies. I also look forward to my epic post-dinner nap.

The weekend after Thanksgiving will be dedicated to resting and preparing Christmas gifts. I'm making the vast majority of my presents this year, so I have to just keep working on them.

The weekend of the 5th will be busy, but a ton of fun. I'm going to my parents' house on Friday to print my thesis, turn in my thesis, pick up my graduation regalia, and meet with our travel agent about the honeymoon! I can't wait to go to Disney, and I almost remove it from the wedding itself, but I will have the best time ever when I go. I love going on vacation with Jason, because we have the same philosophy about traveling, depending on the destination. Disney World is about seeing the parks and squeezing every little drop out of the trip. The cruise will be for relaxing, being warm, and being in love.

On the 5th, I'm traveling with my mom and aunts and Oma and cousins to Allentown for our annual "Ladies Shopping weekend". I got to go for the first time last year and it was a ton of fun.

The 12th is my birthday! I will be 24 and as much fun as 23 was, I'm looking forward to the many things the new year has in store.

The 19th is graduation day! Exactly one week after turning 24, I will graduate from my Master's program. Woo! Brant is also walking that day, so I'm psyched about graduating with my fellow grad assistant. Oma and Pappy and Jason's parents and possibly some other special people will be in attendance, in addition to my parents. Sarah will not make it, silly college, but she sat through my La Salle graduation, so I don't really feel like she's missing anything. The next day is Brewer family Christmas, and it will be great to see everyone again after the wedding we were all just at.

Less than one week later is CHRISTMAS! I LOVE CHRISTMAS MORE THAN I CAN POSSIBLY EXPRESS. I'll start decorating the apartment the weekend after Thanksgiving. This is also my last Christmas as a single lady (and it was the day that Jason proposed, so the holiday is even more special to me now). On Christmas Eve, we go to mass and then usually go to the Wasikowski's for their Christmas party. This year might be different due to the new family dynamic, but I'll make new traditions. Then we usually watch "A Muppet Christmas Carol" and Sarah and I might also watch "Love Actually" or "The Family Stone." In case you were wondering, we usually watch "White Christmas" around my birthday. Then we all go to sleep, the electric candles still glowing in the windows. It's magical. In the morning, we all get up and have cinnamon buns, juice and something hot to drink, and open our stockings. We open presents next, then bum around until (our really early) dinner. I then go to the Yinger's to spend the rest of the day with them and eat another giant dinner. It's a great day. I'm sure none other will be as awesome as last year, but I'm OK with that.

The next week is New Years and we all know what that's about.

So, as you can see...there is a lot to be done, but the reward is constant. If I don't have time to blog again until 2010, thanks for reading for another year and there will be some crazy things to blog about come January. :D

I'm peachy!

No comments: