
so, lately i have felt attractive. it's not that i typically think myself to be a horrid creature who should only show my face in the early morning hours, but this is different than just feeling confident in my looks. I hold myself differently and i guess the confidence i've picked up this summer in a number of areas of my life translates to the outside. However, tonight an event occurred that I never in a million years would have believed would happen. I was on campus rounds with two other girls, all of us having the same general body type and stature, and we were crossing the haymen center parking lot to return the TCLAM keys. Suddenly, we hear this obnoxious yelling and we quickly realize that it's directed at us.
"Hey there ladies! Aren't you pretty!"
"Now THAT'S a hot cup of soup!"
Yes, we were being cat called and sort of objectified by a group of twelve year olds, with their parents close by. They just kept calling at us until we were out of sight, and then again when we came out of Miguel. It was simply ridiculous. Despite the fact that I was really in no danger, I desperately wanted a large sweat suit to pull on and cover myself with.
On another note, have you ever waited for something that you have no control over, such as a calendar date to arrive? I am right now and frankly, it sucks. For the next week, I get to go through life wondering a lot of things that I have semi-definite ideas about, but I have no idea if I'm right. I have a large number of indications that I am, but again, I could be reading into things because I want a specific outcome. Arg. On the bright side, I have a lot to distract me until then, so it won't be too awful and painful.
On yet another unrelated note, I want to perform again. Soon. Tavern gave me the bug (and the confidence) to sing in front of people, or perform. Thankfully that can be satisfied in about a week when I return to Tavern with my friends. I'll be singing and dancing alone in my room until i exhaust myself and fall asleep. I want to run in the morning ( I am out of shape), so this could be interesting.
eeeeee.
i'm peachy.
ps: comment away. various forms of distraction are clearly welcome. :)
1 comment:
meggers....
i miss youuuuu!
just got back from the beach, and i'm really sorry i missed out on so much stuff over the week...
mayhaps i can jump on the Tavern bandwagon? it is in fact, one of the happiest places on the earth.
are you going to watch the Pierre boys monday night at the Khyber?
kbyeeee
<3
sis
Post a Comment