So, as some of you may already know, Jason and I got engaged!
How he did it: On Christmas Eve, Jason went to my parents' house and did the traditional asking for my hand thing and bought the ring. He thought about proposing while we were in New York on the 28th, but once he had started the wheels in motion, he couldn't wait. He even had trouble sleeping, which if you know Jason, is quite a statement! On Christmas morning, he came to our house for brunch, and when I opened the door, he put a little towel down on the porch, got down on one knee (at this point I asked "What are you doing?", possibly assuming that Jason was doing his best Jim Halpert impression), and after he got the box out of his pocket, he asked: "Pickle (my nickname), will you spend the rest of your life with me?" and I said "Yes".
So, that's the story. I'm already feeling the pressure of planning and such, which is odd since the wedding is about 17 / 18 months away. I know it's going to be really stressful, but fortunately, I want to save money (so any advice / help is appreciated) and I don't want a grossly-expensive wedding. I just want to be married...and that calms me down every time. :)
Well, that's all.
I'm .... strike that .... we're peachy!
1 comment:
Megan Megan Megan. I'm so excited for you. Next time we chat, I'll let you in on the secrets I've learned from helping to plan three weddings. ;)
Post a Comment