So, I survived my first Thanksgiving with Jason's family. All in all, a sweet weekend. Jason and I had our own hotel room with a California King-sized bed, which some couples would have taken one specific advantage of, but we instead just enjoyed making sheet angels and not kicking each other all night. We played copious amounts of Wii Bowling (by the by: my Wii age is 68). I got some writing and reading done, so the long weekend wasn't a waste. I actually took the last week off from work, because I had racked up a lot of extra hours so that I could take this time off and work less during these final weeks of school.
Speaking of school, I'm burnt out. I'm not going to get my doctorate anytime soon. My advisor says that I'm more than capable of gaining such a degree, but unless I want to go into teaching or academia (which I no longer wish to do), a Masters opens doors, while a Ph.D. limits the doors that I'm not over qualified to enter. Additionally, I'm ready to really do something that matters, which most of the things I'm doing right now do not. So that's that.
I got a large majority of my holiday shopping done today. Thank you Target. You suck, Hallmark. I bought a nice ornament for Doug 2 years ago, and I thought I would buy a similar one for Megan and Maeve this year. Its the "son/daughter" ornament, and the first one was really tasteful and pretty. This year and the last, however, have been hideous gingerbread or candy people...very juvenile. Sorry girls...hopefully Hallmark will get its act together soon and I can fulfill my ornament quota. On the other hand, I love finding that perfect gift and waiting to give it to that person.
Sigh...I'm discontented with school. It's sort of overwhelming. Not much else to report. I just figured I should update, since everyone else did.
I'm peachy.
1 comment:
"which some couples would have taken one specific advantage of, but we instead just enjoyed making sheet angels and not kicking each other all night."
Geeks.
Also, I can't afford to get people Christmas presents this year (I kinda have to pay for a car), but I found you a tiny little something which you will get on your birthday!
Post a Comment