Today must be a short entry. there is work to go to. boo.
Leaderboard: Doug (3), Dan (3), Sara (1), Gwen (1), and we welcome Melissa Mongi to the board with (1).
Answers were:
GENUS I: The Tennessee Waltz
GENUS II: Treasure Hunt
SILVER SCREEN: The Wizard of Oz
BABY BOOMER: Jerry Lee Lewis
DISNEY: Washington D.C.
WELCOME TO AMERICA: Helen Hayes
SNL: Richard Nixon
Today is a Yellow day!
GENUS I (HISTORY): What twosome penned The Communist Manifesto in 1848?
GENUS II (HISTORY): What First Lady was the niece of Teddy Roosevelt and the fifth cousin once removed of Franklin D. Roosevelt?
SILVER SCREEN (OFF SCREEN): What star of My Fair Lady was once described as "a well groomed Englishman with an air of effete virility"?
BABY BOOMER (NIGHTLY NEWS): What country did Sherri Finkbine, rebuffed by U.S. doctors, go to to abort her thalidomide-afflicted fetus?
DISNEY (WORLD OF PEOPLE): What fearless Chinese leader declared war on crop-eating sparrows in 1959?
WELCOME TO AMERICA (JOURNEY THROUGH AMERICA): How many Indian groups lived in the U.S. in the 1970's - seven, 73, or 173?
SNL (PARODIES): What pair of "unique, yet remarkably similar" fragrances were designed to complement a woman's "elegent side" as well as her "wild side"?
I'm peachy!
11 comments:
SNL (Parodies) Mary Kate and Ashley Olson twins.
-Jo Anna
couldn't resist today...i might know one or two...
Genus 1: the marx brothers (karl and...not groucho...)
Genus II: Elanore (spelled wrong) Roosevelt
Welcome to America: Seven
SNL: they were based on the olsen twins...maybe...they did have perfumes based on them before..
Pam beat me to one of my answers...
GENUS II: Elanor Roosevelt
SILVER SCREEN: Rex Harrison
DISNEY: I so should know this since I was just in China...I'm gonna guess Mao Zedong?
Genus 1: Marx and Engels (ahhh work & Culture finally paid off)
America: 73?
SNL: Olsen twins
America: 173
and i was a little late with this..so no actual answers cuz everyone else did that. so guessing the only guess i can make.
o, and this.
Baby boomer: Canada. its a good guess.
now back to soccer.
ok is it bad i really have no clue on any of this stuff screw regular trivial pursuit lets play some t.p. pop culture and play with some relevant info
okay, i thought this game was points based on how many things people knew correctly, not points based on how many times a person is able to refresh their blogspot friends' page. Count me out, it isn't fair that some people are online all day and others aren't.
Genus I: Marx and Lenin
Genus II: Elenor Roosevelt
Silver Screen: Julie Andrews
Baby Boomer: Switzerland
Disney: Chairman Mao
America: 73
SNL: Olsen Twins
Baby Boomer, okay I'm going to go with logic here. She wouldn't go to a country that cared, obviously. She's go to a country that doesn't give a shit. Sooo.... I'm going to give you three places that I think don't give a shit about that stuff.
Switzerland
Sweden
The Netherlands
Meh, I'm probably wrong.
i think melissa should get a point for being the only one to know how to spell eleanor.
Post a Comment