6.21.2006

"Please Sir, I want some more"

well, i've got a big day ahead of me (cooking and such for my Back to the Future Trilogy party), so i'm putting up the new questions now. But first, the answers and the leaderboard.

GENUS I: Nepal
GENUS II: Romeo and Juliet (no one answered this one correctly)
SILVER SCREEN: Candlestick Park (I gave you this one Gwen)
BABY BOOMER: Walter
DISNEY: coffee beans
WELCOME TO AMERICA: Fisherman's Wharf
SNL: Jenga

Leader Board: Sara "my wifey" Allen (1), Doug "child of my heart" Phelan (3), Dan "Theman" Kenworthy (1), Gwen "i'm not a sports fan" Tuxbury (1). Good job kids.

TODAY IS A PINK DAY!

GENUS I (Entertainment): What song did Patti Page set people dancing to in 1950?

GENUS II (Entertainment): What TV quiz show put contestants in replicas of Spanish galleons?

SILVER SCREEN (Titles): What film featured ferocious talking trees, winged monkeys, and sleep-inducing flowers?

BABY BOOMER (Stage and Screen): Who said "Just point me to the piano and give me my money. In 15 minutes I'll have 'em shaking, shouting, shivering, and shacking"?

DISNEY (World of Music): What city did the Beach Boys play in on July 4, 1984?

WELCOME TO AMERICA (Americans): Who said, when a Broadway theatre was named for her in 1955: "An actress' life is so transitory -- suddenly you're a building"?

SNL (Impersonations): What Dan Akroyd personality hoped to increase sales of his new book by noting: "If you hate me, buy the book and kick it around"?

go at it kids.

i'm peachy.

10 comments:

kw said...

Silver Screen: I want to say wizard of oz cuz that's the only movie i know with winged monkeys... but talking trees/sleepy floweres? pokemon? lol

Baby Boomer: i'm suprised if i know this. jerry lee lewis. goodness gracious great balls of fire.

Disney: Taking a stab, philadelphia.

i have no clue for the rest.

Sara said...

Silver Screen: Wizard of Oz


That's all I know. Oh well, maybe I'll be the underdog and slowly rack up the points.

kw said...

i have a question for you, how long is this going to go on?

Unknown said...

as long as i want. actually, it'll probably end about a month from now. at most.

Sara said...

Oh and I've come to the conclusion that the Beach Boys played in Atlantic City. Actually, I have no idea, I'm guessing.

Doug said...

Count it up, I think I have more than 3, I had Nepal, Walter, Fisherman's, Jenga and if you count "beans" as coffee beans that'd make 5, but I'm not greedy.

GENUS I (Entertainment): Ask my grandmom.

GENUS II (Entertainment): Pyramid? That's the pre-Donny Osmond version.

SILVER SCREEN (Titles): Pshh, Wizard of Oz

BABY BOOMER (Stage and Screen): Great Balls of Fire! It's Jerry Lee Lewis, Rockabilly Legend

DISNEY (World of Music): Wow, umm, San Fran? I'm betting it's West Coast.

WELCOME TO AMERICA (Americans): Schumann?

SNL (Impersonations): I know the skit, don't know the name.

Gwen said...

i said coffee beans! i have TWO points!

Gwen said...

and this is bullshit man... everest is on the border of nepal AND tibet

I smell foul play, woman. get updated cards! ;) i'm not letting Doug win unjustly!

P.S. for this round, all i know is wizard of oz.
and i'm gonna guess las vegas for the beach boys one, only bc no one else guessed it yet.

Anonymous said...

It's too bad I didn't get on this earlier...I would have done pretty well...Oh well...there are other rounds...

-Chris

kw said...

*scratches head*
this is why i don't play these type of games. things get heated.

and i said coffee beans first. tehe.