sara and i were discussing the other day (as we do everyday) how we'd like our next relationships to be (after she and i have a fight over the kid's private school...kidding). I decided that I would like to be wooed. yes, wooed. If you don't know what wooing is, either you should read on, or you should stop reading my blog because you're sad.
Wooing is the art of flirting that is classier than getting a girl drunk and asking her if she wants to make out in the bathroom of C-71. It is subtle. it's flowers, it's a gift, it's a compliment on something that she is wearing. it is walking her home and expecting nothing in return but a "thank you". it is the knight in shining armor mentality that has gone the way of...well, knights in shining armor. example:
Greg: Hello Marsha. my, you smell lovely tonight.
Marsha: well, thank you greg (blush), it's a new perfume i picked up. I'm glad you like it.
Greg: You're welcome. can i get you some wine, perhaps a soda?
Marsha: That would be lovely.
Greg: Oh! and here are some gardinia's that i picked for you out of my garden. They remind me of you.
Marsha: Are you gay?
kidding. it's that same idea. Marsha's just a bitch. Greg is a classy fellow. After they began seeing each other officially, the wooing must continue. Greg will write cute notes, emails, and the like. Marsha will respond! If a girl doesn't respond in writing to a note, she probably either hasn't been wooed before (these girls will be obvious), or is just a big doo doo head. Dump the later, go slow with the former. Men should find cute ways to present these items. Do not thrust a bunch of roses in her hands and hope the florist got all the thorns off. be clever. it's also not all about the gifts. just physical gestures that do not involve your tongues or lips, right away. I was wooed the last time. roses and a yoo-hoo kept me for a good two and half years (and i'm not complaining!).
Final note: Girls do not woo! We act ourselves and are polite. If a girl does not respond in a polite manner to your wooing, investigate other people. If you take the time to woo, you are too classy for her.
I'm not writing this as an ad or anything for myself. I'm just saying. It's my blog, dammit, i'll do what i want.
i'm peachy.
11 comments:
haha great entry.
i usually got "what the fuck are you doing" as a reply for being chivalrous... what would that constitute as?
Mmm... wooing. I'm still on the lookout for a man for you, wifey.
I'm chivalrous and gallant because it allows me to be painfully shy, which I usually am in those situations...
Wouldn't all of us guys like to beleive that works, and that all you girls out there follow that. I've been trying chivalry and the whole nice without return thing for a long time. But if my mama says that it works, then I'll stick with it!
Did papa woo you, mama?
Peace and Good Things :)
Seriously. Wooing is pretty much the only way I fly, but it rarely works. I think it worked once for me and that was an excellent time. But now that the world of women is stagnant for me, esp. in the wooing sense, I will not waste my time wooing. I won't get a girl drunk either. More or less, women are dead to me right now. I try too hard and get no results.
yeaaa so i agree with the blog in general sadly it doesnt always work but hey i enjoy tryin and well im sure all those nicce guys out there will keep on woo'in so to all the guys out there keep woo'in and to those girls who r being woo'ed OPEN YOUR EYES and let us woo you. and for all u single girls out there you will be woo'd every one of you so just keep your eyes open and wait for us... thats all for now
P.S.- I was going to also put Transatlanticism, but I decided against it cuz it depresses me too much. Regardless, thank you for the summer song suggestions.
I agree with meg's wooing suggestions. To all those guys who woo, great, keep on doing it. If it hasn't worked in the past, well, sorry like meg said, the girl you are wooing is just a doo doo head, or perhaps it just wasn't meant to be. but when you find a girl that is not a doo doo head, or find a situation that is "meant to be" (if you believe in that kinda stuff) she will love you even more for it, i promise.
P.S. Meg, I got a blog, http://anunwrittensong.blogspot.com. Do I get a movie name in your links now? 0:)
if your not writing about your desire to be wooed as an ad, than what are you doing? and i hope you find your next relationship to be much more satisfactory than your last one, not that that is a particularly high aim.
Alright, this is to anonymous, right above me.
Your comment is mean and unnecessary. I don't care who you are, if I know you or if I don't, don't post shit like that here, this is not the place for it.
Post a Comment