5.01.2006

Saying Good-bye.

basically all i did was say good-bye this weekend. kiss the wall was 17 hours, but it was worth every minute. i cried and cried and slept and cried. the actual kissing of the wall was the hardest part for me, so i can't imagine how hard it was for the seniors. afterwards, we went to the llanarch diner. meh. not impressed.

then, i said good-bye to john. for a very long time. it's necessary, we've just drifted apart. i've changed a lot in the last year. i'm very sorry that i hurt him, twice. i feel like a pretty terrible person, but it was time to be done with our relationship.

masque formal was pretty fun, actually. lots of good food, good music (even if the DJ didn't have rod stewart!), and good people. i was upset at the formal and anthony, pat, jess, ali, dave, joe, and all my other friends really made sure that i was out on the floor dancing, because let's face it...i love to dance like an idiot in front of other people.

This picture is of me, my masque baby doug and my masque mom, jess. these two people did the littlest things to make me feel a little bit better. this is jess and i last year. what a difference a year makes. really.


after this weekend, to put it all briefly, my heart hurts in so many ways.

i'm peachy.

2 comments:

Jess said...

(((hugs)))

You are amazing. Don't forget that. And things will get better. I promise.

~Mama

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I could be of any type of help to you. I'm very happy to have gotten to know you this year. If you think about it, I could have landed at one of a variety of colleges, but I landed here at La Salle and decided to get involved with this crazy "Masque" organization. It's a crazy series of coincidences, and we've become mama and son. I'll think of the aweseomeness of the year whenever I do a crossword or see a jester.

~Doug